14 August 2017, 12:15

Committee on Family Matters, Youth Policy, Sports and Tourism: Urgent Letter to Prime Minister

more
14 August 2017, 10:44

Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations

more
13 August 2017, 10:45

Parliament’s head greets Ukrainian builders

more
11 August 2017, 11:30

Committee on State Building, Regional Policy and Local Self-Government

more
10 August 2017, 11:30

Committee on Freedom of Speech and Information Policy

more
09 August 2017, 10:57

Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations

more
08 August 2017, 11:15

Committee on State Building, Regional Policy and Local Self-Government

more
07 August 2017, 19:00

Committee on Affairs of Veterans, Combatants, ATO Participants and Disabled People

more
11 July 2016

Verkhovna Rada Committee on State Building, Regional Policy and Local Self-Government recommends Ukrainian Parliament adopt draft law "On amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine" (as to voluntary unification of territorial communities) as a basis

more
02 June 2016

"We return to Ukrainian right on truth". Speech of President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine

more
30 May 2016

"The adoption of Law of Ukraine" On the Judicial System and Status of Judges" gives a chance to reach end of judicial reform" - the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Andrii Parubii

more
14 August 2017

Committee on Family Matters, Youth Policy, Sports and Tourism: Urgent Letter to Prime Minister

more
14 August 2017

Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations

more
11 August 2017

Committee on State Building, Regional Policy and Local Self-Government

more
10 August 2017

Committee on Freedom of Speech and Information Policy

more
09 August 2017

Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations

more
08 August 2017

Committee on State Building, Regional Policy and Local Self-Government

more
07 August 2017

Committee on Affairs of Veterans, Combatants, ATO Participants and Disabled People

more
04 August 2017

Committee on Budget's effort

more

News

20 March 2017, 16:50

Newsletter of the Ukrainian Parliament: Spring'17 - Issue 11 (4)

( Information Department of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Secretariat )

 

THE VERKHOVNA RADA CELEBRATES THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE UKRAINIAN REVOLUTION 1917-1921

On the 17th of March, the Verkhovna Rada held a festive plenary on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the first Ukrainian State and fighting to retain it in 1917-1921.

The Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Andriy Parubiy, opened the plenary. The opening was followed by a choir, singing the Prayer for Ukraine, and a unique archive footage of a century ago.

The Chairman resumed his speech by emphasizing that during that time people surrendered which caused Ukraine to lose its state. Thus, it is crucial to learn the lessons from the past: to stand united and to keep fighting back.


FREE TRADE AGREEMENT WITH CANADA RATIFIED

The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Canada provides a duty free regime for several kinds of goods within the negotiated price quotas.

It is expected that as a result of FTA implementation, the total volume of Ukrainian exports to Canada will increase by $ 2.7 million and imports by $ 4.5 million.

The trade balance of Ukraine will improve due to the boosting of the transport equipment, chemical products and wheat export. 


NEW UKRAINIAN LANGUAGE QUOTAS ON TV

The bill on Ukrainian language quotas on TV and radio was passed in the first reading.

According to the bill, national TV should have 75 percent of its content in Ukrainian language, other languages will constitute the remaining 25 percent and will be allowed for broadcasting from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. As for films, they should be dubbed in Ukrainian. Any TV product has to either be dubbed in Ukrainian language or to exhibit Ukrainian subtitles.


STATE E-REGISTRY OF CONSCRIPTS

The Verkhovna Rada adopted the law on creating a State Electronic Registry of Conscripts in the second reading. The bill was originally registered in 2015.

The State Registry is organized as a unified automated information system and will store information about all persons subject to military service. It will contain personal and professional data about Ukrainians subject to military service aged 17 to 60.

The Ministry of Defense will act in the capacity of the registry owner, and the General Staff in the capacity of administrator.

 

A DAY OF THE UKRAINIAN VOLUNTEER

This year on the 14th of March, Ukraine celebrated a Day of the Volunteer for the first time. Such occasion was aimed to commemorate heroism of those who participated in the Revolution of Dignity and those who voluntarily joined the army to fight against Russian aggression.

Cities across Ukraine organised events of diverse nature to honor the volunteers.